Is this another fake MS Office from Trustsoftshop.com? RRS feed

• Question

• I have just received a copy of Office Professional 2007 from Trustsoftshop.com - which appeared to be a legitimate US site. After receiving despatch tracking info from China EMS I got suspicious and searched again for the vendor and came across another forum post "Yet Another Invalid Copy of Office Professional 2007?" indicating the software is pirated.

The package appears identical to another legitimate copy I have, except the certificate of authenticity metal strip appears to be pasted under the label - not woven through the paper. The disk label/holographic logo is a stick on.

Codes on the CofA sticker:-
    99994-605-890-074   X1208297
    bar code: 8  82224 2631 1
    6000092352-7-D976253_7_1-MSIN
    "Office Pro 2007 Win32 English Intl Not to US CD"
    "MADE IN USA"
    SKU-269-11094

Product Key: ***Removed***

I have not installed the software as it was bought on behalf of a relative.

Based on info on the howtotell.com website I believe I have also been sent a pirate copy.

Could you please confirm this before I take further action?

• Edited by Stephen Holm Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:52 PM Graham I removed the product key information.....Stephen
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Graham F156,

The information provided appears correct, but that doesn't really prove anything since it's very possible (if the disk is, in fact, pirated) that whoever made if could have just copied that information from a Genuine disk.

At this point, even though there are a number of reports of bad software being sold from that company and since I assume the company will not provide a refund (if they will accept a return and will refund your money, I would suggest doing that, just in case), I think the fairest way to handle this (for you the customer) is to have you go ahead and use the software and assume it's Genuine until if/when it reports itself as non-genuine.

If it continues to report itself as Genuine, then it's Genuine. If it reports itself as being Non-Genuine then your next step would be to submit a Piracy Report (http://microsoft.com/piracy) against that company.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hey Graham

Thank you very much for providing us with the information. The information has been pushed up. Do not install this Office because it can not be confirmed as Genuine or Non-Genuine. Give us a couple days to research this further. Thank you very much.

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:30 PM
  • Hi Graham F156,

The information provided appears correct, but that doesn't really prove anything since it's very possible (if the disk is, in fact, pirated) that whoever made if could have just copied that information from a Genuine disk.

At this point, even though there are a number of reports of bad software being sold from that company and since I assume the company will not provide a refund (if they will accept a return and will refund your money, I would suggest doing that, just in case), I think the fairest way to handle this (for you the customer) is to have you go ahead and use the software and assume it's Genuine until if/when it reports itself as non-genuine.

If it continues to report itself as Genuine, then it's Genuine. If it reports itself as being Non-Genuine then your next step would be to submit a Piracy Report (http://microsoft.com/piracy) against that company.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:01 PM
  • I also recieved what appears to be a suspicious MSOffice Pro 2007 product.  It looks authentic - packaging, etc.  But when it opens I get a message box in what looks like Chinese.  Repeated emails to the vendor go unanswered.  How can I verify authenticity?  Is there a possbility this could damage my system?
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:22 PM
  • I have purchased a copy of Office Professional 2007 on a web site that sorted at the top of Google, which I presumed meant that if the company would have been caught if they sold bootleg software as they are clearly working hard to advertise and sell.

The COA on the box looks much like what was described above and as high quality if it is bootleg, except the metal strip is OK but not with the red stamping on it, but more things I think I saw in 2006 version of the holography on the disks and the label on the box.

The software did have a product key, which worked, installed over a download Microsoft origin Trial 2007 and also prior direct Microsoft Office Professional 2003.

It has also accepted SP2 and SP3 for Office 2007, and has been detected and handled by Windows Update as valid software.

So I am also a little nervous but am also confused as this may be legitimate and to date is per its handling by Microsoft.

But feel like the materials have a problem I have had with chinese factories I have subcontracted to.

The same international postage service was used for shipping.

I would like to know if there is a tool I can use that validates software like this as real or bootleg.

Thanks.

mmp
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 12:38 AM
  • Hello M.M. Plesko,

In order to recieve the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click the "Continue" button, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into your post.

A less comprehensive check is done when you click the "Validate Windows" and "Validate Office" buttons at www.microsoft.com/genuine

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 2:20 PM
  • Your codes and numbers meet mine almost exactly!   Didn't dawn on my it might not be real MS s/w.
    I just wasn't sure if Office Pro 2007 Not US "should" be used on a US PC and get all of it's correct updates.
    Wow.  Thanks again.  I'll start my own thread for this one.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:52 PM
  • I just bought a copy of Office Pro 2007 Not US from ebay site also with just about exactly the same CoA codes?!   So is it real? or a fake?
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:54 AM