Live Mesh Uninstall Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install MS Live Essentials, but need to uninstall my Live Mesh program first.  When trying to uninstall Live Mesh, I get the error message "Please use the MSI appropriate for your processor".  I have an HP Pavillion Desktop, Windows 7.  My processor is an AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 2.60GHz. Why doesn't the Microsoft installer recognize my processor as appropriate?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

JK

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 1:56 AM

Answers

• How are you actually uninstalling? Are you launching it from Control Panel/Programs?

Is this an upgrade of Windows from Vista with Live Mesh beta having already been installed under Vista?

If you are using the procedure to run a newly downloaded copy of the installer with the/u switch, you've selected the wrong version for your OS. There are 3 installers:

XP, Vista/7 x86 and Vista/7 x64. The processor is not the issue. Go to properties for Computer to see if Windows is 32 bit (x86) 64 bit (x64) and download and use the correct version based on that.

Alternatively, rip out Live Mesh beta manually. Stop the services, remove the Live Mesh files and folders, remove the registry entries.

Instructions for uninstall workaround can be found here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/e22e0115-98d1-47eb-b495-ff3e10acb0a6

Worst case - format and reinstall Windows to the PC.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 12:20 PM