Offline Course Player - httptransfer.ocx Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently attempted to download one of the online training courses to study offline using the Offline Course Player (which I had just downloaded and installed).  Each time I attempt the download I get an error message "Failed to load control 'HttpTransfer' from HttoTransfer.ocx.  Your version of HttpTransfer.ocx may be outdated.  Make sure you using the version of the control that was provided with your application.".  The version of HttpTransfer.ocx I have on my Windows 7 system is the one I just downloaded, i.e. file version 4.0.0.4; product version 4.00.0004.
    Please can you tell me how to resolve this problem.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 11:02 PM

All replies

• Dear Mikext,

Can you please send your issue details at learnmgr@microsoft.com with the following detail’s?

-First Name

-Last Name

-Live ID you used to login to E-Learning

-16 Digit Hex PUID

16 Digit Hex PUID –

•  
      • Go to the following site:  https://account.live.com/SummaryPage.aspx
      • Sign-in to Windows Live.
      • Click on Account Summary (in the left nav)
      • Click on Registered Information (Above Password Reset Information)
      • This will open up to your profile data. 
      • Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you will see the words: Unique ID: [16 digit HexPUID]
      • Copy that 16 digit number paste it into this email.

-Course Name and Number you are referring to.

-URL where error/issue encountered.

-Screenshot of the error if you can get.

-Detailed description of the problem.

-Phone number we can reach you at.

-Country you are located in.

Thanks,
    Vishwajeet Kumar Mishra,
    Microsoft Learning Tier 2 Support Team.

• Proposed as answer by Jawahim Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:22 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jawahim Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:22 PM
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 1:03 AM
  • I've got the same Problem at the Microsoft Dynamics AX Courses in Partnersource.

My System is Windows 7 Ultimate with the current Release of IE 8. Last Updates are installed.
    My College with Windows Vista doesn't seem to have the problem.

I added the Microsoft Learning Pages to my trusted Sites, but that doesn't help.
    Is there any Solution, so far?

Best wishes

Tobias

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:33 PM
  • you sure dont make it easy for someone to want to get any more courses through the microsoft elearning do you.

All that work for you to just push a button on your end to give us access. if you just had a courseware that worked in windows media player or real player this would not be an issue. I dont think i will be using this learning media again as its to difficult to get problems like this resolved. I dont want to have to give you my name, my phone number, my address, where i live , what country i am in or the hex number when i purchase this through a tech school that is an elearning partner.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:27 PM