Ms Money Sunset doesn't work with Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have just downloaded Windows 10 and Ms Money Sunset does not work. I even adopted advice and changed the registry to .0 and it still requests IE 6, which is not supported by Windows 10. What is the answer, please - Help!
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 10:04 AM

All replies

• I had the same problem but with Microsoft Money.  Here is the solution:

https://techjourney.net/microsoft-money-requires-internet-explorer-6-to-function-properly-error-in-windows-10/

Thursday, July 30, 2015 7:13 PM
  • That registry change worked just once for me. After that my .mny file would not open unless I right clicked and selected "Open as Administrator". It works as long as I do it every time. Also need to do the same thing with Dan Gaier's stock and currency updater. I checked my user account and my user ID is set as "Administrator".

I have also just found that my MS Word won't save documents to my 'document' file also for lack of permission. Although it does let me open existing documents.

How do I revert to Windows 8.1?

Saturday, August 8, 2015 3:41 AM
  • I had the same problem but with Microsoft Money.  Here is the solution:

https://techjourney.net/microsoft-money-requires-internet-explorer-6-to-function-properly-error-in-windows-10/

This worked perfectly for MS Money - thanks, very much appreciated!
    Sunday, August 9, 2015 3:24 PM
  • Perfect!  Thanks!
    Sunday, August 9, 2015 3:57 PM
  • Did not work for me, many times.

Friday, August 21, 2015 11:38 AM
  • Wanted to share this very important news. I also had your problem not only with MS money but MS Word, excel etc. I decided to try a different approach and went to control panel and clicked on uninstall or change a program. Once there, I clicked on Microsoft Office Professional 2013 en-us and clicked on change. Then clicked on on-line repair. Once the repair was completed? (please have your product key available to activate your  Microsoft Office) Once all this was done,  thought to myself why not try to open MS Money and guess what......it opened and now works great :) Hope this helps you and others

Regards  Cynthea1

Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:06 PM
  • NOTE: Install the latest  MS Money software  USMoneyDlxSunset.exe first
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:11 PM