Confused - Sync Services for ADO.NET v2.0 CTP1 vs. Sync Services in VS2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I fully admit that it may be my failing to grasp something simple here... but I am confused.

Could someone clarify for me if "Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET v2.0 CTP1" the same as Sync Services in VS2008 RTM released yesterday.

By that I mean... are they using the same API's?

Are there changes to the API's?

Is the required version of System.Data.SQLServerCE.dll the same?

If they are different, what (if any) breaking changes are there?

Is there somewhere that lists the changes?

Thanks for any help.. I have installed VS2008 and managed to break my previous working Sync project and need to know where to start looking.

Cheers,

Glen

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:39 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:49 AM

Answers

•  

Thanks Glen for using the Sync Service V1 and V2.

Still, please notice that there ARE some API changes in the V2 release that could require some code changes for an existing sync service V1 applications. we are working on the APIs to minimize the impact before it RTMed.

Thanks

Yunwen

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:19 PM

All replies

• Ahh.. forget it... I should have realised it was something stupid.  My app was still based on the Beta bits from a while back. I hadn't updated to the CTP.

Now that I've sorted that out I can update the app using the changed API.

Sorry to waste everyones time.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 5:01 AM
  •  

Thanks Glen for using the Sync Service V1 and V2.

Still, please notice that there ARE some API changes in the V2 release that could require some code changes for an existing sync service V1 applications. we are working on the APIs to minimize the impact before it RTMed.

Thanks

Yunwen

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:19 PM