Cannot validate Frontend Server RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to properly configure OSC but when I get to the validation wizard, I keep getting "wizard completed with Failures" I get this error

Failure

[0xC3FC200D]

One or more errors

were detected

I checked everything. The services, DNS and the certificate. I'm not too sure about the certificate. Maybe that could be the problem, I'm not sure. Can someone help?

Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Floyd,

When the validation wizard runs with failures, it will prompt you to look at the log file, which is a web page. On this page, there is a link to "expand all" which will show all the tests that the wizard ran, and it will eventually show you the ones that failed. The "one or more errors" part just tells you that a test in that subcategory failed... You have to dig through the log to find the actual error.

Once you have the info about the test that's failing, post that here & it will be easier to narrow down the prob.

Lastly, when you run the wizard, which options are you selecting? Some of them won't work until OCS is fully configured - errors related to those tests can usually be ignored.

Regards,

Matt

Friday, October 26, 2007 2:54 PM
  • Hi

I've got the same problem... I selected everything I could, ran the wizard, it failed. I selected one, ran the wizard, it failed, I select anotherone and it keeps on failing. No matter what I select... That like everything in the validate-section. Except the audio/video ran succesfull, I got only 1 warning about the edge server. Which is normal because I didn't install that, I 've read that an edge server and communicator web access server couldn't work together, so I had to make a choice.
    De log tells me this:

URL: https://communication.testdomein.local/GroupExpansion/Int/service.asmx
    Received a failure HTTP response.: HTTP Response: 401 Unauthorized
    Content-Length:1656
    Content-Type:text/html
    Date:Mon, 03 Dec 2007 23:14:15 GMT
    Server:Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    X-Powered-By:ASP.NET

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    <!--[endif]-->

You are not authorized to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to accept.

Please try the following:

• Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
    • Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.

HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
    • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr),
      and search for topics titled About Security, Authentication, and About Custom Error Messages.

Received a failure HTTP response.: Unauthorized
    Suggested Resolution: Check whether the Web Server or Office Communications Server component is running and also listening on the specified url. If server is behind a load balancer, please make sure the loopback connection is allowed from load balancer FQDN.
    Suggested Resolution: Check the Web Proxy setting in this machine and ensure that it is correctly configured

Thank you for your reply!

Greetings

Monday, December 3, 2007 2:48 PM