Related Activities in CRM Online RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a C# app that bulk loads activities and assigns them to an Account. This works successfully on CRM 2011 on premise, and appears to work on CRM 2011 Online.

However, when using the new Account form in CRM 2011 online I cannot see the activities, only when using the 'old format' form.

Are there any changes I need to make to get the new forms to appear correctly ?

Thanks

Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Activities are displayed as shown below on the new form:

Please indicate if you have any other requirement.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, September 27, 2013 5:12 AM
  • Hi,

The problem is that they aren't appearing in there, but if I change back to the old format views (classic view, under the ellipsis next to deactivate), and look at Notes and Activities in there, they are displayed.

Friday, September 27, 2013 7:28 AM
  • All the associated activities for that account should display there. If those activities have this account as regarding than they will show there. When you navigate to classic view what's the view selected there in which you find these activities. Please note that in Activities wall leverage "All Activities Associated view".

Friday, September 27, 2013 8:08 AM
  • Hi Nick,

That could be because the Regarding of the activity could be Case / Opportunity. New Activity view only shows the activities where regarding is the same Account / Contact. Check the regarding for the activity and then open this record. You will be able to see the activity there.

Hope this helps.

Minal Dahiya

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Minal Dahiya Friday, September 27, 2013 8:10 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

Ok, some screenshots to assist in describing the issue:

This one shows the default view, with activities, and their 'regarding' account (S2S), if you click on the regarding name, and go to Activities in the Social tab, it's empty.

However, if you change to Classic view, and use the Account form, All activities is still empty. But, if you change to the Information Form, and go to Notes and Activities, you can see the Activities.

So, CRM can see the regarding as it's in the Activities view, and in the Account (Information form) view, but not in the other views.

All of this is as the CRM Deployment Admin, with System Admin permissions.

I don't understand why the Account and Activity link is shown and the activities are there, for some views but not others. I've not changed customisations on any of the forms, so they are all standard views.

Thanks

Friday, September 27, 2013 8:54 AM
  • In the associated view "All Activities" view is showing instead of "Activities Associated view". Please change the default view to Open\All Activities Associated" view. Will All activities view it will show activities in system instead of related activities with account. 
    Friday, September 27, 2013 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Niraj. The new activity view shows Associated Activities and not all Activities. You will be able to see activities listed under Associated Activity view where regarding is the base record.

Hope this helps.

Minal Dahiya

Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:35 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

However, I can't find where I should change the default view. When trying to set the default Associated view in Customisation -> Activities -> Views, it says 'Only Public views can be set to Default'.

Could you detail where this is changed ?

Thanks

Monday, September 30, 2013 8:29 AM