Is it possible to add buttons when viewing Queues? RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently trying to add a button to perform some Queue functions when a user is viewing the different queues in the system.

I understand that with the ISV.config file, I can add buttons to the interface when users navigate to view the entities (e.g. Custom toolbar, buttons in the Cases view, etc.), I have the following code:

<Entity name="queue">

To indicate that I am looking at the queue entity, but it appears that the customizations to the interface is not showing up.  Once I change the entity name to something else like Case, Account, etc. then the custom buttons appear.  Is there a way to get this to work?

For the time being, I have a button that does the job on the main toolbar, but the button is being shown throughout CRM and is not visible through the Outlook client as it focuses on the individual entities.  So I would like to find a way to bring that button down from the main toolbar to the Toolbar specifically for the Queue.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Stephen

Friday, December 5, 2008 7:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunately, the neither Queue nor QueueItem are not customizable entity, what do you try to achieve?

Jim

Friday, December 5, 2008 11:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately, the neither Queue nor QueueItem are not customizable entity, what do you try to achieve?

Jim

Friday, December 5, 2008 11:11 PM
  • I am just trying to group the Queue functions where it should belong.  But more specifically, when I load the CRM Interface through the Outlook client, those main Toolbar menus do not show up.

That is why I am trying to pull the main Toolbar menus down to the Queue level, so that they will show up when accessing CRM through Outlook.

Thanks

Stephen

Friday, December 5, 2008 11:21 PM