Changind crm installation user password RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I need to know if the CRM installation user password changed, what are the services affected and what should be done in order for CRM to remain functioning  properly?

Thanks

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:54 AM

Answers

• If the installation user account is not used anywhere as a service account, then nothing will need to be changed. If it were used as a service account you'll need to change the login details for all CRM Services, and the Identity of the CrmAppPool in IIS

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:10 PM

All replies

• If the installation user account is not used anywhere as a service account, then nothing will need to be changed. If it were used as a service account you'll need to change the login details for all CRM Services, and the Identity of the CrmAppPool in IIS

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:10 PM
  • It's not me who did the installation so i don't know if the user account is used as a service account, can you tell me how can i know. By the way i'm using crm 4.0.

thanks again

Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:17 AM
  • dear Isabine

when the crm is installed and is accessed for the first time.that user has a role of system administrator,..check the person who lies in this security role...

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:21 AM
  • Thanks for your reply but i'm sorry this is not my issue.

I know who's the user that used for the installation but i need to know if he's used as a service account.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:36 AM