VB .Net certification options: Do the MCPD before it disappears, or wait for a replacement qualification? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My employer has agreed to fund some Visual Basic .Net training/certification.

From what I can see, they haven't announced a suitable replacement to the MCPD qualification, so shuld I go for one of these quickly or wait for such a replacement to be announced (do you think there will be one?).

I do want the training but mostly want the VB qualification that is most sought after by employers in the UK.

What are your thoughts?

James

Friday, January 18, 2013 4:22 PM

Answers

• Hi James,

there were some confusing statements on the appropriate sites. The MCPDs for .NET 4 will not retire in 2013 (have a look at this thread - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/CertGeneral/thread/300e8a76-f056-41e3-b6dc-f222ffa4b946).

That means that you can still take any of these MCPDs where most exams are available for C# and VB.NET. If you want to take one of the new MCSD exams you already can take some for Windows 8 or web development. Further exams should be available in the future.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013 9:13 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi James,

there were some confusing statements on the appropriate sites. The MCPDs for .NET 4 will not retire in 2013 (have a look at this thread - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/CertGeneral/thread/300e8a76-f056-41e3-b6dc-f222ffa4b946).

That means that you can still take any of these MCPDs where most exams are available for C# and VB.NET. If you want to take one of the new MCSD exams you already can take some for Windows 8 or web development. Further exams should be available in the future.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013 9:13 PM
    Answerer
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the post as answer so other community members can find help faster.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:23 PM
    Answerer