none
Can't add MaskedTextBox control to active designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've got an ASP.net web application in Visual Studio Professional 2015, and I can't add the MaskedTextBox control to the Standard tab. I'm right-clicking on the 'Standard' header, and going to 'Choose Items', then checking the box for 'MaskedTextBox'. However, I am then getting the error: "The following controls were successfully added to the toolbox but are not enabled in the active designer". I originally had the target framework set to .NET Framework 4.6, but tried changing it to 4.5. Neither works.

Thanks.

Monday, November 27, 2017 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

The error message “The following controls were successfully added to the toolbox but are not enabled in the active designer”, it means this component isn't compatible with the current designer, please make sure your current designer can use the MaskedTextBox control.

Please check this doc: How to: Set the Input Mask and the MaskedTextBox control is a Windows Forms control not ASP.NET, that why you meet the above error message since this control is unavailable for Asp.NET application.

If you still want to use this control or find a similar control in Asp.NET application, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.asp.net/ and start a new thread to get a better support, our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara  

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 2:35 AM