E-Mail-Router - Serveral HelpDesk Emails on one CRM Account RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I try to configure E-Mail-Router for a CRM Account which should be function of dispatcher within our company.

Serveral different Helpdesk EMails (POP Mail Accounts) shoud be delivered to this one CRM Account,
    the CRM Account should create then Case or Lead, and if CRM Account must answer via EMail, sender EMail adress
    shoudl be the incoming Helpdesk Email.

Example: Mail comes to mySupportEmial1@help.de, transfers to CRM Account, CRM Account creates case and answers
    the case with mySupportEmial1@help.de as sender. Is this in gerneral possible with E-Mail-Router?

I tried out, but even POP EMail wasn't transfered to  CRM Account, although POP Test Mail was sucessful.
    Any idea / hints?

Thanks

Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Oliver

I think my suggestion would work.  If you have a generic Helpdesk Active Directory account and then in your Exchange system assign the AD account email addresses for each of your products, i.e. product1@domain.com, product2@domain.com, product3@domain.com, etc., then when an email comes in to each of these addresses then they would all end up in the same Exchange account.  In your email router you would just set up the above account.  This should mean that every mail sent to the above email addresses would be sent to your CRM account.  Once a Case was created then a reply email could be sent back to the sender of the original email.

Hope that's not overly complex.

Cheers,

Douglas 

Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:39 PM

All replies

• Oliver

Please let me see if I understand you correctly.  What you have are multiple email accounts which when they receive email forward the message on to a single CRM account.  When the CRM account receives these messages it creates a case and then replies from the email address for that account.  Is this correct?

The only way I can think which may work is to give the AD account related to your CRM account multiple email aliases.  What I mean is that supposing you have a Helpdesk AD account which has a corresponding CRM account then in your Exchange you give it multiple email addresses so that any mail sent to any of these email addresses go directly to this account.

This is just off the top of my head so there may be some complexities that I haven't thought of.  Hope it gives you some ideas anyway.

Regards,

Douglas

Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:53 PM
  • Douglas,

thanks for the answer.

Short description to the process: We have a job rotation for this working place.

One week person 1 is doing the HelpDesk for all the EMail adresses, week after another person.

The different EMail addresses represents different product lines within our company.

So the incoming EMails should be transfered all to this one CRM Account.

And when an answer is sent to customer, the sender EMail adress should be matching to which our customer sent the mail.

My idea was to do it via E-Mail-Router somehow, but I'm not sure if this works at all.

Oliver

Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:22 PM
  • Hi Oliver

I think my suggestion would work.  If you have a generic Helpdesk Active Directory account and then in your Exchange system assign the AD account email addresses for each of your products, i.e. product1@domain.com, product2@domain.com, product3@domain.com, etc., then when an email comes in to each of these addresses then they would all end up in the same Exchange account.  In your email router you would just set up the above account.  This should mean that every mail sent to the above email addresses would be sent to your CRM account.  Once a Case was created then a reply email could be sent back to the sender of the original email.

Hope that's not overly complex.

Cheers,

Douglas 

Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:39 PM