how much does the MCPD exam costs? RRS feed

• Question

• hi everybody

im planning to do MCPD - Web Developer certification
    Can anyone tell me how much it would cost?

thanx in advance
    • Moved by Edwer Fang Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:31 AM (From:Getting Started With Visual Studio Team System)
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First of all there are two posible MCPD webdeveloper Certs

For MCPD Web Developer on Visual Studio 2005 you need to pass the following exams:

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation Exam 70-536
    MCTS prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Web-Based Client Development Exam 70-528
    MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Web-Based Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework  Exam 70-547

For Visual Studio 2008 the webdeveloper cert was renamed to MCPD ASP.NET Developer 3.5 on Visual Studio 2008
    and consists of the following exams:

MCTS Prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation Exam 70-536
    MCTS Prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development Exam 70-562
    MCPD Requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing ASP.NET Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Exam 70-564

Now for the costs, first of all there is a fee per exam which depends on where you take your exam.
    You can find information about that on the Prometric website here (First select your country and than one of the exams and the priceing information is displayed on the page)

Then there is the cost of your preperation for the exam, that very much depends on which study method you prefer
    and the individual fees for classroom training etc your training provider charges.
    it can be less than $ 1000 (Selfstudy Books and  PC to do the Labs etc.) or as much as  $ 15000 or more.

Rob.

• Proposed as answer by rhagman Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:05 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 12:10 PM
  • Hello,

I hope below site may be answer for your query. If you are looking for US price.

For world wide i request to visit the below prometric site or visit the authorised prometric testing centre in your country.

http://www.register.prometric.com/Index.asp
    Have a good year, Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP| Please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. If you feel your question was truly answered, Thank you in advance.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:23 PM
  • Hi Dhams,

Exam cost vary according country wise. i.e in India for One Microsoft Exam cost is 50$, but in USA it is different. here is a link which will provide you to know each exam cost. (http://www.register.prometric.com/Index.asp )

first you have to know which subject you Plan for MCPD, for .NET minimum 3 exams are required for MCPD,similarly in your subject how much exams are required that you have to know....

MCPD cost = ( No. of exams) *   (each paper cost)

you can find you each paper cost by using my above link.

for know more (http://www.register.prometric.com/Menu.asp?cookie_test=1 )
    Thank You
    • Proposed as answer by TapanPattanaik Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:17 PM
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I am moving this post to Training and Certification Forum so you can get better and quicker response.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:31 AM
  • Hi,

First of all there are two posible MCPD webdeveloper Certs

For MCPD Web Developer on Visual Studio 2005 you need to pass the following exams:

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation Exam 70-536
    MCTS prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Web-Based Client Development Exam 70-528
    MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Web-Based Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework  Exam 70-547

For Visual Studio 2008 the webdeveloper cert was renamed to MCPD ASP.NET Developer 3.5 on Visual Studio 2008
    and consists of the following exams:

MCTS Prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation Exam 70-536
    MCTS Prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development Exam 70-562
    MCPD Requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing ASP.NET Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Exam 70-564

Now for the costs, first of all there is a fee per exam which depends on where you take your exam.
    You can find information about that on the Prometric website here (First select your country and than one of the exams and the priceing information is displayed on the page)

Then there is the cost of your preperation for the exam, that very much depends on which study method you prefer
    and the individual fees for classroom training etc your training provider charges.
    it can be less than $ 1000 (Selfstudy Books and  PC to do the Labs etc.) or as much as  $ 15000 or more.

Rob.

• Proposed as answer by rhagman Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:29 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 12:10 PM
  • Hello,

I hope below site may be answer for your query. If you are looking for US price.

For world wide i request to visit the below prometric site or visit the authorised prometric testing centre in your country.

http://www.register.prometric.com/Index.asp
    Have a good year, Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP| Please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. If you feel your question was truly answered, Thank you in advance.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:23 PM
  • You are probably looking at around $500-600. 3 exams $125 each, plus 2 MS prep kits, maybe measureup tests etc.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 1:38 AM
  • Hi Dhams,

Exam cost vary according country wise. i.e in India for One Microsoft Exam cost is 50$, but in USA it is different. here is a link which will provide you to know each exam cost. (http://www.register.prometric.com/Index.asp )

first you have to know which subject you Plan for MCPD, for .NET minimum 3 exams are required for MCPD,similarly in your subject how much exams are required that you have to know....

MCPD cost = ( No. of exams) *   (each paper cost)

you can find you each paper cost by using my above link.

for know more (http://www.register.prometric.com/Menu.asp?cookie_test=1 )
    Thank You
    • Proposed as answer by TapanPattanaik Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:17 PM
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:17 PM
  • Peter,

you are making a classic mistake, assuming that the US prices are valid for the whole world, or thinking that everybody posting in this forum is from the US.

Your numbers  may be true in the US, here in Western Europe the exams are 140 Euro (That's about $220) so the exams alone put you over the $ 600 mark
    the books are also more expensive, around 60 Euro, that's about $ 95 while the books are around $ 60 in the US.

Rob.
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:43 AM
  • Wow,  and I thought we had it bad.

Sunday, January 31, 2010 4:06 AM