Will the CTP upgrade. RRS feed

• Question

• Just a quick question - Will the recent CTP be able to be upgraded to the RTM ?

Thanks,

Chris Ovington.

Monday, June 4, 2007 1:57 AM

Answers

• No,  In the RC, the default option for Server Setup is going to be "New Installation."

Jon

Monday, June 4, 2007 3:28 AM

All replies

• No,  In the RC, the default option for Server Setup is going to be "New Installation."

Jon

Monday, June 4, 2007 3:28 AM
  • Damn - Thats a shame.

I have the 2 server's setup nice.

Do we have a timeframe on the release ?

Monday, June 4, 2007 3:36 AM
  • No idea on the timeframe.
    Monday, June 4, 2007 4:31 AM
  • The good news though is that in the email I received, the Windows Home Server Team have confirmed that you will be able to upgrade from the RC to the RTM version, so hopefully only one more re-install!! Actual wording is:

At this point we *can* confidently say that we will support upgrading from the RC to the RTM version.

Monday, June 4, 2007 5:43 AM
  • While you may be able to upgrade from RC1 to the final version, I can say that I most certainly won't be doing so. I would never upgrade from beta to final software without removing the beta as completely as I could first.
    Monday, June 4, 2007 11:50 PM
  • There may be a RC2 also, so RC1>RC2>RTM may be the sequence.

Probably not good idea.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:57 PM
  •  Ken Warren wrote:
    I would never upgrade from beta to final software without removing the beta as completely as I could first.

applause - 100% agree

Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:23 PM
  • 100%  Agree too!

Every Upgrade experience make know and see any old ( any time disturbing also!) TOMBSTONE or WASTE.....

NEW installation is the only good way in my mind!!

And WHS installation is the best automated installation I see since long time!!!!!

Friday, June 8, 2007 6:24 PM