how to add ocs contact for um autoattendant object into user group ? RRS feed

• Question

• After running the ocsumutil, I see contact objects created in the forest for teh system attendant and autoattendant.  However, they are not added into the users group withing the ocs pool.  How do I go about manually adding the contact objects in?  Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 7:25 PM

Answers

• Andrew,

Yes the UM auto attendant and the UM subscriber contact objects can be enabled for OCS 2007. By doing this they can will be added to the Pool\Users comtainer on the OCS Administration console.

When you use the ocsumutil.exe command on the OCS 2007 EE or SE sevrer to create these objects you will create an Organizational Unit to store them in. As follows:

C:\Office Communications Server_Eval\StandardEdition\support\>OCSUmUtil.exe /OU:myOU /domain:mydomain.com /forest:myforest.com

If the root of the forest is the same FQDN as the domain then it can be dropped from the command

Now in Active Directory Users and Computers you can locate the newly created OU e. g. myOU. It will contain the the UM auto attendant and the UM subscriber contact objects. From here you can move these objects to the Users container or any other OU of your choosing.

Next on a OCS 2007 Access server or any Server that has the OCS 2007 administration tools installed on it you can open the Start / Run line and enter dsa.msc to open AD Users and Computers. Locate the UM auto attendant and the UM subscriber contact objects and right click on them - bring up their properties and go to the Comminucations tab and enable them for the OCS pool they will be associated with.

I hope this helps and thanks for your patience

Mike Adkins

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:28 PM

All replies

• Andrew,

Is the step you are looking for adding the Location Profile to the OCS pool? If so please the OCS_Voip_Guide.doc that was released with the public beta documentation.

Thanks,

Mike Adkins - OCS beta support team

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 8:31 PM
  • Mike,

No, that's not it, the location profile has already been added.  In fact, the integration between UM and OCS is working paritally, inbound calls to users on OCS is either answered or sent over to UM for vm.    In another install, we've seen that the ocs autoattendant and system attendant contact objects are added into the "user" group area under an enterprise pool and assigned as type "autoattendant". This allows inbound SIP calls to the system attendant and autoattendant directly.  I think this was supposed to be completed by ocsumutil on page 70 of the voip guide. The utility shows that the pool is found, contact objects created, but the contact objects are never put into the users group in the pool.

Thanks.

-Andrew

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 8:51 PM
  • Andrew,

I'll need some time to research this answer for you. Please be patient.

Thanks,

MIke Adkins

Thursday, May 3, 2007 6:33 PM
  • Thanks Mike, appreciate your help on this.

-Andrew

Monday, May 7, 2007 10:24 PM
  • Andrew,

Thanks for your patience - I am having to reproduce your issue to provide a confirmation

Monday, May 7, 2007 10:53 PM
  • Andrew,

Yes the UM auto attendant and the UM subscriber contact objects can be enabled for OCS 2007. By doing this they can will be added to the Pool\Users comtainer on the OCS Administration console.

When you use the ocsumutil.exe command on the OCS 2007 EE or SE sevrer to create these objects you will create an Organizational Unit to store them in. As follows:

C:\Office Communications Server_Eval\StandardEdition\support\>OCSUmUtil.exe /OU:myOU /domain:mydomain.com /forest:myforest.com

If the root of the forest is the same FQDN as the domain then it can be dropped from the command

Now in Active Directory Users and Computers you can locate the newly created OU e. g. myOU. It will contain the the UM auto attendant and the UM subscriber contact objects. From here you can move these objects to the Users container or any other OU of your choosing.

Next on a OCS 2007 Access server or any Server that has the OCS 2007 administration tools installed on it you can open the Start / Run line and enter dsa.msc to open AD Users and Computers. Locate the UM auto attendant and the UM subscriber contact objects and right click on them - bring up their properties and go to the Comminucations tab and enable them for the OCS pool they will be associated with.

I hope this helps and thanks for your patience

Mike Adkins

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:28 PM