Resolved - If you hit an error while running Domain Configuration Wizard this weekend, you can try the wizard again now. RRS feed

• General discussion

• The Windows Live Dynamic DNS servcie is temporally down due to a maintenance issue. We are working on getting it back online as quickly as possible, will notify you once it is done.

Thank you for your patience.

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows Server Program Manager

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:13 AM

All replies

• Can you confirm how long "Windows Live Dynamic DNS servcie" as been down from, So I can pin point if my issue is relating to when your issue happend.

Please.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:02 PM
  • If you were doing following works during the weekend:

1. Run domain configuration wizard, register a new domain using Window Live Domain (for example, domain name at homeserver.com)

2. Or run domain configuration wizard; renew your Windows Live Domain (for example, domain name at homeserver.com)

Then your issue is related. Please wait.

Thanks.

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Ning Kuang[MSFT] Windows Server Program Manager

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:02 PM
  • And I wondering why it will not work on my new WHS 2011 that I install on Saturday. Will you know or anounce when the Problem is fixed?

mfg

MAG

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:26 PM
  • Yes, will do. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:34 PM
  • Every body it seems to working now :-) just tried and its working for me.... 

Ning can you confirm please? for other users also if it is running again why has nobody let us know !!!?

Thanks 

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:27 AM
  • For me it's also working aganin. Domain successfully registered.

Thanks to all.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:58 AM
  • Yes, we have just finished final live test 1 hour ago, it is back online again.

Thank you everyone for your patience and support.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:10 PM
  • I get also the same error. When i try to access my server with its ip-adres by the Internet all is fine. All my connections and ports are set right. I suppose the server is down again??
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:57 PM
  • it seems that i have registered my domain tonight but still it will not let me access the remote webpage, service must be down again

Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Just confirmed, the Windows Live Dynamic DNS servcie works without problem.

If the 'domain configuration wizard' still fails, please try following steps: 1. Make sure the system time is set correctly. 2. Try to restart the server. If it is still not working, please open a connect bug and attach the logs.

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:52 AM
  • Since you have finished the domain configuraion wizard, it should not be the Windows Live Dynamic DNS servcie issue.

Can you try to ping your domain and check if the IP address is set correctly?  If the IP is correct, I would recommand you to check your router settings. You can refer http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/6666.remote-web-access-deployment-guide.aspx to check your configuration.

Thanks

ming

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:55 AM
  • Hi 

All is working fine now apart from when i login to the server whilst Iam on the same LAN, Quote...

"

This is probably not the site you are looking for!
    You attempted to reach server, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as ?????????homeserver.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of server.

You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site."

Any advice would be great

• Edited by paulmca Friday, September 28, 2012 10:51 AM identity shown
    Friday, September 28, 2012 10:51 AM
  • Which browser are you using? This may come from the browser, suggest you search this error message on the internet. Thanks.

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:55 PM
  • Hi Ning Kuang

Its Google Crome.

Paul

Friday, September 28, 2012 1:10 PM
  • You may need to get help on the browser support site. Following is one of the possibilities:

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95309

Friday, September 28, 2012 1:20 PM
  • Paul, you see this issue because you're trying to connect to e.g. https://server, and the certificate that was issued to your server is for https://server.homeserver.com. There's nothing wrong, really, except that the remote access web site is intended for remote users, not local (LAN) users. :)

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Friday, September 28, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Hi Ken thanks for your reply, but i get the same error when i try to connect to the server remotely.

paul 

Friday, September 28, 2012 2:57 PM
  • I recently did a server recovery on my WHS and now im getting the error that it cannot register my domain. Ive updated and rebooted and i am able to access it through http\\:(servername) but not over internet. Is the Windows live down again?

Edit: I am running WHS v1   Netgear router (all ports forwarded)

Edit 2: sorry for all the edits but did another windows update viz Remote desktop Connection and had 1 windows Update for Windows Home Server (KB981089) after installing and rebooting it kicked online and registered! :)
    • Edited by Bobby316 Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:17 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:05 PM