[CRM 3.0] How to upgrade with a new CAL license RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

One of our clients have purchased licenses for new users of CRM 3.0 and do not know how to update their CRM with the new CAL. 
    We thought that the server will automatically be updated (it is connected to Internet), but you can not add more users

Anyone knows how to upgrade to CRM 3.0 with CAL license to add new users?

Thank you,
    Regards.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:31 AM

Answers

• If my memory serves me correctly, I believe you update the license key through the Deployment Manager.  Go to the Deployment Manager and go to Manage your License or something like that.  You should be able to update the key and then it will show the new number of licensed users.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:47 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:10 PM

All replies

• hi
    what type of license do you have?
    CRM 3.0 did not have a limitation on users I far as I know on enterprise etc

Just had an idea - are you sure that you did not by accident use MSDN key
    instead of MAPS? MSDN keys are indeed hardwired to 10 users and there is no
    way to increase that number. What's more, MSDN installations are not
    upgradable to production versions.

Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:38 AM
  • Thanks by the reply Tiaan,

The license is the correct.
    I have read in a help file that to insert the new cal is necessary to add it in the implementation application/ license (in the same place of the principal license code) as a second code.
    So the problem now is that I haven't this CAL serial code (I only have de "Authorization number" and "License number"). I'm in communications with Microsoft to get this code.
    Unfortunately, at this moment, the Microsoft people with whom I spoke only knows crm 4.0 and do not know how I can get the code for CRM 3.0. 

I'm still looking for ...
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:07 AM
  • If my memory serves me correctly, I believe you update the license key through the Deployment Manager.  Go to the Deployment Manager and go to Manage your License or something like that.  You should be able to update the key and then it will show the new number of licensed users.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:47 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:10 PM