MS CRM 2011 online Reports. Display Currency in different format RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement to prepare a Report for MS CRM 2011 Online.

I have Org Default Currency as Rupee. All the Opportunity records contains currency as Rupee.

But I need to prepare a report displaying revenue in USD. 

Please help me in this approach

Regards,

Ravi

Monday, August 12, 2013 7:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Dynamics CRM has the ability to store two currency values on a record - the record's currency that is selected via the Currency Lookup and the base currency which is auto calculated using the current exchange rates you've stored in the system for the record currency.

If you want to show currency values in a 3rd currency (it sounds like both your base currency and record currency are Rupee?) - you'l need to either implement a custom plugin/workflow to calculate the USD value using whatever exchange rate you want and store as a simple decimal value - or you'll have to perform the exchange rate calculation in your custom report logic (using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio). If the latter, you'll need to add another dataset to your report that retrieves the exchange rate from Dynamics CRM and uses it as a multiplier.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 12, 2013 8:01 AM
    Answerer