Security Update for Flash Player (BK923789) won't install RRS feed

• Question

• Automatic Updates for my HP Media Center PC downloaded this update, however, when I click to install, after running it reports that the installation failed.    Now the little "shield" ICON (lower right) keeps telling me that "updates are ready for your computer" - it has tried to install it many times.   Any suggestions?
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:52 AM

All replies

• I also had the same issue with the flash update.  I eventually had to tell it to ignore the update.

When you see the yellow box pop up that tells you that you have pending update items, click it.  It will open the grey box so yuo can tell it to install.  Instead click the link to view the items it will be installing.  Uncheck it and Windows will overlook that install from that point forward.

I am not exactly sure if that is the correct path, but the basic idea.  I hope that helps.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:54 PM
  • Thankyou so much your response solved the annoying problem of the constant icon telling us about pending updates to be installed. apparently its because we dont have the particular version of macromedia flash player the update is for on our pc's.

grateful

Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:38 AM