none
slow RRS feed

• Question

• Never saw such a slow forum... must run on the same platform as expressions 4... it is also very slow. I quit using it and went back to ex 2

Fred

• Moved by Lori Dirks Friday, January 20, 2012 9:01 PM move (From:Expression Community Site Feedback)
    Friday, January 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Answers

• I don't know if this is what the OP is referring to, but for the past month or so, threads with a lot of posts (say 20 of more) have been taking much longer than previously to render.  The text of the posts appears quickly, but the user names and pictures are blank and the sidebar on the right is empty.  The window is unresponsive until those elements have been rendered, which can take a few seconds, or many seconds for a really long thread.  I thought I remembered Brent saying this was a known problem that was expected to be fixed in early February, but maybe that was a different problem.
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:27 PM
  • I don't know if this is what the OP is referring to, but for the past month or so, threads with a lot of posts (say 20 of more) have been taking much longer than previously to render.  The text of the posts appears quickly, but the user names and pictures are blank and the sidebar on the right is empty.  The window is unresponsive until those elements have been rendered, which can take a few seconds, or many seconds for a really long thread.  I thought I remembered Brent saying this was a known problem that was expected to be fixed in early February, but maybe that was a different problem.

Thanks Blackwood.

Good idea. Fredric, can you post some threads as examples?

Otherwise, Blackwood might be onto the issue (and the solution)... which is that a new rev of speeding up the loading times for these long forum threads is currently scheduled for about 2/3/12. More info coming later.

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:42 PM
    Owner

All replies

• What does ex2 mean?
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:32 PM
    Answerer
  • So the question is... How do we speed up the platform?

What's your system like?

This might be a temporary server issue.

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:13 PM
    Owner
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:27 PM

Thanks Blackwood.

Good idea. Fredric, can you post some threads as examples?

Otherwise, Blackwood might be onto the issue (and the solution)... which is that a new rev of speeding up the loading times for these long forum threads is currently scheduled for about 2/3/12. More info coming later.

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:42 PM
    Owner