Uninstalling trial version RRS feed

• Question

• My 120 day trial version will expire in 30 days.  If I choose not to purchase the OEM version, what will I need to do in order to access the files on the Server drives?  I have two drives on the server with folder duplication enabled for the photos and music folders.  Do I have to remove one of the drives before the trial ends and copy all my files to it?

Saturday, February 16, 2008 1:56 PM

Answers

• If you have decided already that you dont want to continue and buy the OEM version, the easiest way to keey your data is to start moving it off your WHS now onto another drive (either on a computer, or on a drive you add but not as part of the storage pool),

Failing that, you can connect the drives to another computer and browse the various directories structures to get your data back.

Option 1 is certainly the easiest and cleanest.

Andrew

Saturday, February 16, 2008 2:15 PM

All replies

• If you have decided already that you dont want to continue and buy the OEM version, the easiest way to keey your data is to start moving it off your WHS now onto another drive (either on a computer, or on a drive you add but not as part of the storage pool),

Failing that, you can connect the drives to another computer and browse the various directories structures to get your data back.

Option 1 is certainly the easiest and cleanest.

Andrew

Saturday, February 16, 2008 2:15 PM
  • The secondary drive (the one with no drive letter if you've looked at Disk Management on the server) should contain all of your files in your case, so you should just be able to install something else on the system drive with no data loss.. You can verify this by examining these locations:
    • D:\DE\Shares\etc.
    • C:\FS\<mountpoint>\DE\Shares\etc.
    You'll only have one (<mountpoint>) folder if you only have one secondary disk. In D:\DE\Shares\etc. you should only find duplicated files, which should be your Photos and Music shares. In C:\fs\etc. you should find everything.
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 3:51 PM