Syncing Filtered/Partitioned Data RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question in regards to the following scenario:

1. User A initializes a new client database and syncs down all Orders for the current week.  This is due to data partitioning that is in place on the SelectInsert and SelectUpdate statements.

2. The following week, User A should receive that weeks Orders.  He does not.  This is because the rows for the Orders have not changed but the partitioning criteria has moved. 

The client does not select any rows that have not changed since the last sync.

Does the framework currently allow a way to handle these scenarios?

Monday, May 3, 2010 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hey Andrew,

Could you please share more info regarding your scenario:

1)Which version of Sync Frameword are you using?

2)Are you using Database sync providers? What are the server and client databases?

Thanks,

Ann Tang
    Monday, May 3, 2010 11:20 PM
  • There is a post, which might be useful for reference, "Inconsistency of data when table filters are used", http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/syncdevdiscussions/thread/e3fed97b-5b69-49ef-933e-a623391e6a93.

Thanks.

Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:54 PM
    Answerer
  • Microsoft Sync Framework 1 SP1 for devices.

Yes I am using Databasesync providers, using SQL Server on both sides.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Leo,

Thanks for the link.  The post describes the "Moved out of the scope" scenerio, which I think I may have covered.  Is there anything in the framework that currently handles the "Moved into scope" scenario?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:37 PM