Date/Time display format RRS feed

• Question

• On my home built WHS I have changed the default language from English (US) to English (Canada).  At the same time I have changed the default date and time format from US to the ISO standard of  yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss.  The time format is using the 24 hour clock (military time ??). 

Anyway, this all works great when connected to the WHS and using Explorer to look at files.  But when I open the WHS Console the first thing I noticed was at the bottom of the screen where it says "Storage Balanced on:" is still using the US format.  Worse still, when I open any of my clients to see their backup status, the date is in ISO format but the time is still in AM/PM format !!

Anyway to change this to make it work properly ??  The US style date format is so confusing, particularly when dealing with dates early in the month (i.e. is 12/11/2008 the twelfth day of the eleventh month or the eleventh day of the twelfth month ??).

It seems that WHS changes some of the date/time fields, but ignores others; no consistency !!

Any ideas ??

Thanks.
    Saturday, November 29, 2008 1:39 PM

Answers

• Could you please submit this as a product suggestion on Connect?

As for changing it yourself, it seems unlikely. In Windows, any program is free to ignore system date/time settings if it wants.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, November 29, 2008 2:54 PM