none
Discovery Install Error RRS feed

• Question

•  I have just build my server and insatlled WHS with power pack 3, latest updates and all.

However when I try to reconnect my main PC via the "Windows Home Server Connector Software", the install crashes right at the end of install with the message "Home Server Discovery has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."   The only thing that I dont get is the shortcut to the shared folders like I got on my laptop and when I log into the server from my main pc I cannot access any of the shared folders it tells me I don not have permission but I can do it from my laptop. The installer says "Installation did not finsih" Run wizard again I have about 12 times and tried everything re-booted stopped everything else and still no joy...any ideas ?

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:21 AM

All replies

• I have just build my server and insatlled WHS with power pack 3, latest updates and all.

However when I try to reconnect my main PC via the "Windows Home Server Connector Software", the install crashes right at the end of install with the message "Home Server Discovery has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."   The only thing that I dont get is the shortcut to the shared folders like I got on my laptop and when I log into the server from my main pc I cannot access any of the shared folders it tells me I don not have permission but I can do it from my laptop. The installer says "Installation did not finsih" Run wizard again I have about 12 times and tried everything re-booted stopped everything else and still no joy...any ideas ?

Have you tried completely uninstalling the Connector software, then rebooting the client immediately afterwards?
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:05 PM
  • Hey Kariya, Yep tired that quite a few times and still the same error, search all over net and no joy

Thursday, August 26, 2010 12:31 AM