Unable to connect to Aspire WHS from Web RRS feed

• Question

• I have rerun the remote access wizard and can access WHS webpage internally.   My DNS is correct.  I have ports 80, 443 and 4125 open.  I have even tried putting the server in my routers DMZ and it still doesn't work.  My router is a Linksys WRT330N Router with firmware 1.00.3.

Any suggestions?

TIA

John
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:44 PM

Answers

• OK found the issue,

I feel pretty dumb.  My router won't let me loop back from the inside.  I logged onto an outside pc and tried access and it was working all along.  I have ports 443 and 4125 open.

John

• Marked as answer by John Rubino Monday, December 28, 2009 2:28 PM
    Monday, December 28, 2009 2:27 PM

All replies

• Your ISP sounds like they are blocking those ports. Contact them and find out. I am with COX cable and they block those ports. Kinda sucks. I am going to change ISP providers so I can get mine to work.
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 8:08 PM
  • If the router has a DMZ, I think there is double NAT involved and a modem arranging the connection to the Internet?
    In this case you need to either bridge the modem or forward the ports from the modem to the routers external interface and from there to the WHS.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Saturday, December 26, 2009 11:11 PM
  • My friend is running a WHS and he is on COX too and his works.  I am on COX in OC, CA

John
    Monday, December 28, 2009 2:23 PM
  • No double NAT.

John
    Monday, December 28, 2009 2:23 PM
  • Thanks but it doesn't give me anymore info than I already knew.

John
    Monday, December 28, 2009 2:24 PM
  • OK found the issue,

I feel pretty dumb.  My router won't let me loop back from the inside.  I logged onto an outside pc and tried access and it was working all along.  I have ports 443 and 4125 open.

John

• Marked as answer by John Rubino Monday, December 28, 2009 2:28 PM
    Monday, December 28, 2009 2:27 PM