Western Digital Hard drive not working after crash RRS feed

• Question

• One day my computer crashed while I was transferring  data to my 1TB western Digital External Hard Drive. it now doesnt show up when I go to Computer in windows 7 where you would usually see it. nor does the prompt show up. the hard drive is on its just not showing up anywhere I thought to look.

Can someone help me?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Im new here and hope someone can help. Ive got quite a bit of data on this drive and while not the most important data it did take time to accumulate and would be dificult to replace

• Moved by Just Karl Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:59 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:11 AM

Answers

• I'm late and you maybe got another way to solve it but you should try these things out when having such problems:

1. Check different USB ports of your computer, where you can plug-in you external HDD (usually an external HDD is with USB)
    2. Try something else with USB to plug-in and show up on your computer, where your external HDD just was plugged in.
    3. Get a different cable for your external HDD
    4. (if you have USB 3.0 for your external HDD) try using USB 2.0

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Friday, January 4, 2013 9:37 AM
  • Hello,

This should have been asked in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:55 PM

All replies

• I'm late and you maybe got another way to solve it but you should try these things out when having such problems:

1. Check different USB ports of your computer, where you can plug-in you external HDD (usually an external HDD is with USB)
    2. Try something else with USB to plug-in and show up on your computer, where your external HDD just was plugged in.
    3. Get a different cable for your external HDD
    4. (if you have USB 3.0 for your external HDD) try using USB 2.0

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Friday, January 4, 2013 9:37 AM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Sandbox forum is designed for users to try out the new forums functionality. Please be respectful of others, and do not expect replies to questions asked here.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:41 PM
  • Hello,

This should have been asked in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:55 PM