Incorrect content language detected RRS feed

• Question

• I was curious why my periodic table dropped off the search results completely (www.dayah.com/periodic/) and found that the content language was detected as Thai. I offer 30 language versions and have links to other languages in those respective languages. Requests are fulfilled for whatever accept-language header they are given in, and if no language header is specified, English is returned along with Content-Language: en, so I'm quite puzzled as to how this could have happened.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:13 PM

Answers

• Lucent,

I do appreciate your help. Please understand that I started with this group the day before that post. I am here to assist the webmasters that use these forums identify search bugs and inconsistencies. I am not here to give people the run-around or discount their issues. I gave you a one line response because, quite frankly, I didn't have much more to go off of at the time but wanted to start the process of discovery and to give you some sort of response.  

Having said that, I have added your site/issue to our triage queue to fix your immediate problem and hope to have this in front of engineers who can fix the root problem for others.  

Thanks,

Brett 

Monday, April 7, 2008 4:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried resubmitting the page URL?

Brett

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:32 PM
  • Brett,

It's been spidered many times. I guess your software is just finding a few words of Thai and assuming the whole page is Thai. If it weren't for your webmaster tools, I wouldn't've been able to determine this was the cause of my low ranking.

However, and I realize search quality may not be your department, I'm quite disappointed in the minimal and borderline insulting response to my assistance to you. I helped you find a bug and you spend a single sentence asking me to jump through hoops, as if I'm lucky to be indexed by Live? Google and Yahoo both rank my site in the top 10 for periodic table as well as the #1 image result for that query, and for very good reason. The burden is not on me to try to weasle back into your rankings. The burden is on you to correct the bugs that are impeding your own search quality and causing your users to miss out on quality results.

Sunday, April 6, 2008 12:15 AM
  • Lucent,

I do appreciate your help. Please understand that I started with this group the day before that post. I am here to assist the webmasters that use these forums identify search bugs and inconsistencies. I am not here to give people the run-around or discount their issues. I gave you a one line response because, quite frankly, I didn't have much more to go off of at the time but wanted to start the process of discovery and to give you some sort of response.  

Having said that, I have added your site/issue to our triage queue to fix your immediate problem and hope to have this in front of engineers who can fix the root problem for others.  

Thanks,

Brett 

Monday, April 7, 2008 4:50 PM