Can anyone assist in utilzing the MSCRM 4 SDK with MSCRM 2011 IFD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are trying to find a way to update our existing code utlizing the MSCRM 4 SDK for 3rd party integration.  A client has set up MSCRM 2011 IFD and instead of rewriting our connector with the MSCRM 2011 SDK entirely we are hoping that someone might know how to utilzie the MSCRM 4 SDK for this purpose.

Is there an example anywhere of how to connect to an IFDC instance of CRM 2011 using the CRM V4 SDK.

Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:30 PM

Answers

• Sorry Curt,

I am thinking the question is if he can use crm 4.0 sdk to maniplulate crm2011(IFD) data.

I was saying he may not be able to without making few changes.

Am I right?

Thanks

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:13 AM

All replies

• Not sure what you are trying to do here.

Are you saying that you want to connect to the system and use the the SDK that is for CRM 4.0 on CRM 2011?

There have been a few changes made.  You want to rewrite your company third party connector?

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:36 AM
  • Authentication in crm2011 has been changed. If you are using webservices then you need to update the webservices and if you are sdk you need to update it xrm dlls. There is a brand new concept in CRM2011 IFD authentication called Claim based authentication ADFS 2.0. You need to make changes to accommodate that. I don't think you can do that using crm4.0 sdk.

I hope this helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:08 AM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:08 AM
  • Excuse me Amreek but I don't think that's the question, my friend.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:30 AM
  • Sorry Curt,

I am thinking the question is if he can use crm 4.0 sdk to maniplulate crm2011(IFD) data.

I was saying he may not be able to without making few changes.

Am I right?

Thanks

Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:13 AM
  • Hi Curt - I believe Amreek did actual understand what we are trying to do.  We write restive native connectors for Sales Methdologies for Microsoft CRMs.  Instead of having to rewrite our entire connector for MSCRM 2011 with the MSCRM 2011 SDK just to deal with one client that is using IFD we are trying to utilize the existing connector which was done with MSCRM V4SDK and adapt it if possible.  This will same a tremendous amount of time instead of reinventing the same wheel again.

We already can use MSCRM V4 SDK with our native connector for non IFD deployments for MSCRM 2011 whether on premise on on-line.

I have passed Amreek's suggestion onto my developer for review to see if it can work.  We'll let you know if it does.  Thanks for answering.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:19 PM
  • Thanks Ellen.  As a moderator I like to be sure the forums are really helping people.

Amreek, I marked as answered.

Ellen, we look forward to hearing about the results.

/:>

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:14 PM