none
Suspicious Activity From a Microsoft Badged user

Question

• It seems like a Fake Microsoft Support Scam with a MS badge.

What is the proper process to report suspicious activity by someone with a microsoft Badge within a forum, they are not a moderator.  While they know microsoft links.  They have propagated their page 1 answer with potential malicious hyperlinks.

I have made contact with a Moderator, but  have not heard from him since his initial (hello) post 2 days ago, is there a way to escalate.

I asked if her badge could be verified... never heard back

This is a very serious safety and security issue to me.

In their page (1) marked answer, Why would someone with a Microsoft Badge recommend questionable tools, and includes inline hyperlinks to support sites with potentially malicious ads, when MS info links are available to support her method?

Is it allowed  for a Microsoft Employees to promote such websites to a novice from via hidden hyperlinks, in a Microsoft Community? Unless the novice watches the status bar (think novice), they don't know where they are going).  

see:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_files/how-to-change-location-of-onedrive-folder-in/2755b4a9-10da-4ee7-8185-33aeef7e3f3e?page=16 

• Edited by Monkey57 Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:31 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 6:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• The Answers site has their own feedback forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum/fdbk_commsite

Answers is a completely separate platform from TechNet/MSDN, so there's not much we can do here.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:13 PM
  • Thank you- I cross posted to the thread referenced...

Is that activity that should be tolerated? Does the Microsoft Community (answers), have anyone at Microsoft they answer to? 

Monkey57

• Edited by Monkey57 Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:50 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:48 PM
  • You're welcome, I hope you get the answer you're looking for. As for your followup question - I don't know, I don't participate on the Answers site.

EDIT: I should also mention, 99% of us here aren't MSFT employees. We're just community volunteers, so we don't have any particular insight into the inner workings.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:53 PM
  • Thank you again for you rapid reply. It is an escalation procedure I am looking for, some department at Microsoft that takes the responsibility of safety and security within that community seriously.  Legal (reporting a site for Fake Microsoft Support), kicks the request back and defers to community moderators. The actions on that community site, could negatively impact my client base.   Does anyone at Microsoft Care, what goes on there?

Monkey57

Edit:   if I hear back from any moderator from the cross post, that does not blow me off, I will mark your answer as the answer.... But I am really looking for the Department at Microsoft, that the answers community has to answer to.  Or a Department in Microsoft that will address the safety and security of websites that hold the banner of an Official Microsoft Site.

• Edited by Monkey57 Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:32 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:07 PM
  • I'm not sure if they'll be able to help with the Answers site, but you can reach out to the TechNet/MSDN forum admins by sending an email to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com. Perhaps they'll be able to direct you to another contact method too.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:41 PM
  • It's like the "foxes watching the chickens" scenario, in the answers community. 

Monkey57

Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:42 PM
  • would fissues=issues in your reply.

Monkey57

Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:44 PM
  • Nope, fissues (think forums issues).

Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:46 PM
  • Sorry I can not mark your answer as the answer, I did get an email back, with a very poor answer, and the email was unable to be replied to.

I will find someone that cares about the safety and security of the users within the answers community, this "Official Microsoft" website is promoting/facilitating "Fake Microsoft Support" .

Monkey57

Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:20 PM
  • This is about someone using their "Microsoft" badge to steer people to sites with malicious content..... This is about the answers community website promoting/facilitating "Fake Microsoft Support" from within an Official Microsoft Website...  I need the escalation to go outside this website.  To someone or department that cares about the safety and security of users within a Microsoft Website.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Monkey57

Thursday, November 5, 2015 6:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Monkey57 Friday, November 6, 2015 3:00 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 6:39 PM