Windows XP SP3 by Microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft is set to release not only Windows Server 2008, but also Windows XP Service Pack 3 later this year, according to a recent press release on Microsoft PressPass
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:36 PM

All replies

• Such a move is surely helpful since many a updates have been released after the SP2 .. WIthout the SP3, we are now forced to download nearly 100 MB of updates immeadiately after installing SP2...And for users who don't have internet facility, it is a grave disadvantage..
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:41 PM
  • Yeah. And now the case is so bad, with so many viruses on the prowl, i have tons of software on my system, and one software or the other downloads an update everyday....

Talk about bandwidth utilization.

Friday, May 25, 2007 11:11 AM
  • oh even m waiting...for win xp sp3.....but i guess it would be time to release vista service pack 1 ;-)
    Friday, May 25, 2007 12:12 PM
  • More updates just slow down your PC.
    Friday, May 25, 2007 1:32 PM
  • Yeah, i am also waiting for Vista sp1. I am planning to use Vista after sp1, so that a lot of bugs are fixed, and by then drivers for most of the hardware will be available.
    Friday, May 25, 2007 5:38 PM
  • I think Vista sux in internet speed.

I was only getting 8kBps speed from vista, and that to not constant.  Also websites take much time to load. Has anyone faced such probs in vista?

I have tried searching other forums, they say to turn of McAfee Stick out tongue but my vista is still fresh, i haven't even installed a single software, and still internet speed is slow in it. In some forums i foudn out that as Vista supports both IPv4 and IPv6 , that might be causing the problem.
    Friday, May 25, 2007 5:58 PM
  • you can have an autopatcher full version to install all the updates after SP  2 together but this is a both a good and bad news

good because SP 3 will be released this year

bad because as microsoft had already stated that this will be the last service pack for the OS so it might discontinue updating XP after 2008
    Friday, May 25, 2007 7:48 PM
  • Dear Friend,

Greetings, nice information for the SP3 from Microsoft.

@Preetam good analysis.

Regards,

Saturday, May 26, 2007 7:00 AM