OCS Cannot start services RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Really sorry, but this is a re-post since my first one failed to get any answers.

I'm trying to get OCS Enterprise up and running in a consolidated toplogy. However, I am not able to get a service started on Step 8. The error is:

[0xC3EC79E8] One or more errors occured while starting services. Please see the individual service for more information.

Service Name: RTCSRV

Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Front End

Failure [0XC3EC79E6] Service Failed to start as requested.

Basically, I wonder if I did not do the certificates correctly. Here is what I did:

1. I created a new certificate on OCS

2. I then assigned a certificate; just as mentioned in the Deployment Guide

3. I assigned the same certificate using IIS in the OCS to web components

I am using a virtual server for my OCS. I even tried starting the service through Control Panel -> Services, but no luck yet. The only other thing possible and most likely is SQL (since I had standard edition up and running in a different domain).

From an answer to an earlier post:

"When you access the installation of SQL sever 2005 from the configuration manager, has a RTCDyn, RTC and RTCconfig database been created? For the OCS Server to be able to acces the RTC database it must first have permissions to login or access the SQL Server 2005 server. This will be listed under Security\Logins the RTC Local groups should be listed here. When you expand the list of database you should be able to see the RTC and related OCS databases. "

I don't see any databases in the configuration manager, and I have expanded all the +'s.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Akshai

Friday, July 6, 2007 11:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Akshai,

Are you saying that your OCS install is using a backend SQL server that is part of a different domain? That would seem to imply maybe there is some issue with the services logging in.

If you are not going to have more than 15-20,000 users, you can use standard edition and then jus use the SQL express that comes with it and it would all be on the same server. No login issues.

Friday, July 27, 2007 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

I had the backend on the same server as the OCS Enterprise. Was that ok?

I took apart that setup. I am using Standard Edition now and things work fine. Just pondering over why Enterprise did not work for me... but thats not a priority.

Thanks for the reply.

Friday, July 27, 2007 6:37 PM

All replies

• I have verified that these databases have been created. Would really appreciate help from someone.

Thanks.

Monday, July 9, 2007 8:27 PM
  • Hi Akshai,

Are you saying that your OCS install is using a backend SQL server that is part of a different domain? That would seem to imply maybe there is some issue with the services logging in.

If you are not going to have more than 15-20,000 users, you can use standard edition and then jus use the SQL express that comes with it and it would all be on the same server. No login issues.

Friday, July 27, 2007 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

I had the backend on the same server as the OCS Enterprise. Was that ok?

I took apart that setup. I am using Standard Edition now and things work fine. Just pondering over why Enterprise did not work for me... but thats not a priority.

Thanks for the reply.

Friday, July 27, 2007 6:37 PM