Synchronizing My Documents folders between two laptops running Vista Business SP1 and XP Home SP3 RRS feed

• Question

• This question has been actually asked before in the forum, but there were no answers. I hope someone out there can shed some light on this, because it'll make my life so much easier!

I have two laptops. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 and an Acer Aspire One (got it as a gift). The Thinkpad runs Vista Business SP1 and the Aspire One runs XP Home SP3. Both have SyncToy 2.0 installed. I need my documents synchronized between the two computers over the home network (either a direct crossover Ethernet cable connection or through the wired/wireless home network).

I do not want to share my documents because I also connect to other networks including my University's, and it can be a big security concern. In that case, how do I pair the Thinkpad's C:\Users\David\Documents with the Aspire One's C:\Documents and Settings\David\My Documents ?

There's gotta be someone other than me out there in this forum who uses 2 computers (laptop and desktop, say). Please help!

David
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:25 PM

Answers