Money Plus Deluxe Duplicating Money File RRS feed

• Question

• Running Windows 8.1 and there is an issue with Money creating duplicate files of the Money Accounts. I am storing them in a folder in my OneDrive locally on the machine to sync with another computer running Windows 7. The Windows 7 machine does not create duplicate files.

The files it duplicates are:

filename - Surface - username.mny

filename - Surface - username 2.mny

filename - Surface - username 3.mny

filename - Surface - username 4.mny

and so on...

How can I fix this? Is this because its being saved in the Onedrive folder or is it Windows 8 or a setting in Money Plus Deluxe? I found this fix: 

Tools->Settings->ReceiveAccountUpdatesFromMSNMoneyMyAccounts and disable receiving updates from MSN Money.

But I can't find that setting anywhere in Money Plus Deluxe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:19 PM

All replies

• Are you having Money open on both computers simultaneously?

I think that is a Onedrive thing which sees that a file has been modified by the other computer and then you try saving that file. You are going to have to have a procedure where only one computer tries to open the same file at the same time.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:35 AM
  • Even with the program closed on one device it was creating the file with the name of the device inside the OneDrive.

Sometimes it will do it minutes apart and sometimes it will be hours in between the files being created.

Friday, October 9, 2015 12:18 AM
  • It is OneDrive creating the files.
    Friday, October 9, 2015 12:19 PM
  • Sometimes there can be long delays in synchronising files between your systems and OneDrive in the cloud.

Check whether synchronisation problems are being reported with your OneDrive.

Friday, October 9, 2015 6:19 PM