one care RRS feed

• Question

• I just added One Care on my computer.  After doing so I no longer have any favorites for web sites stored on my internet explorer page.  How do I get them back?
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:57 AM

Answers

• OneCare should have nothing to do with your Favorites and it wouldn't be the reason for them going missing. Did you also just upgrade to IE8? There have been some reports of Favorites going missing following the upgrade.

Internet Explorer Solution Center

If, however, your profile was reset to default and all customizations and your documents, pictures, etc, disappeared following the install of OneCare, try rebooting the PC once again. Your profile may have become corrupt or was locked at the time the PC started back up. If that is the case, rebooting may resolve it.

You can also contact support who can help identify what may have occurred and help in a possible recovery.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:50 AM