UWP WebView Save WebNotifications and Allow Downloads RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have two issues at this stage with the WebView Control in my UWP App.

Issue no.1:

I'm using WebView to access WhatsApp Web, and there a user gets prompted to turn on Notifications, but the Prompt never comes up. If I use args.PermissionRequest.Allow() it just allows without a prompt... How do I prompt a user to Allow or Deny WebNotifications, and then save that permission state to never ask again when my app is restarted? args.PermissionRequest.Defer() doesn't do anything. I would've thought that setting User Notification Listener in Capabilities would've done the trick.

Issue no.2:

In WhatsApp Web there is an option to download a shared file (photo, pdf, etc) locally. The problem is that the Download/Save As Dialog never shows.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Monday, August 17, 2020 10:05 PM

All replies

• Hi DogFoxX,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this thread is related to UWP, so I suggest that you can ask this question in Microsoft Q&A.

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 1:27 AM
  • Okay, thanx I will do just that.

Sorry about that, and I was quite confused where to open my thread as I saw no option for UWP.

Now I know where ask questions about C#.

Regards.

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 10:03 PM