LightsOut on Windows 7 client won't wake up WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a new computer with Windows 7 64bit. I loaded the LightsOut client software, but it does not work. I am missing LightsOut so much, I am considering downgrading back to XP until there is a fix. Any ETA on this? Thank you for all your hard work, its the most important 3rd party application for Windows Home Server.
    Monday, December 7, 2009 6:13 PM

Answers

• Consider uninstall and reinstall LightsOut on both the server and all clients.
    • Marked as answer by Sam_Iam Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:54 AM
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 6:47 PM

All replies

• Sam,

I've got multiple windows 7 workstations, including x64, and had no problems with waking up my home server.
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:25 PM
  • Consider uninstall and reinstall LightsOut on both the server and all clients.
    • Marked as answer by Sam_Iam Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:54 AM
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 6:47 PM
  • I have two 32 bit Win7 machines with no problems.  I did have an issue with one of them - was waking and backing up over wifi and it was a Lenovo Thinkpad.  It seems that it was waking OK but not getting a solid wifi connection fast enough (I think).  I removed the Lenovo Access Connection tool...that sped up the connection and now all OK

Other issue I had is that I was using PP3 Beta and one machine needed the connector re-installed
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 10:44 PM

Well that worked. Sorry for the false alarm.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:54 AM