Latest RTM with PP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the latest Version 6.0.1771.0. When the final release of PP1 is available via Automatic Updates, PP1 beta needs to be removed (from what I have read), however there is no removal of PP1 when doing a clean install of 1771. Am I missing something?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:36 PM

Answers

• I think I just found my answer here. At the very bottom says

"If you are using the Power Pack 1 Evaluation ISOs, you will not be able to upgrade from the beta release to the released version of Power Pack 1."

So I reinstalled WHS with the 6.0.1500.6 and ran the PP1 Upgrade so I can remove it later.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:51 PM

All replies

• Yes, you're missing something.  I asked the same question and someone pointed out to me that there is a "show updates" checkbox when you are in Add or Remove Programs.  This will show PP1 in the list of programs to uninstall.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:13 AM
  •  redeaner wrote:

I have installed the latest Version 6.0.1771.0. When the final release of PP1 is available via Automatic Updates, PP1 beta needs to be removed (from what I have read), however there is no removal of PP1 when doing a clean install of 1771. Am I missing something?

Did you do a clean install with the Power Pack 1 Evaluation Edition ISO image that you burned to a DVD?  Or did you use the Update package to update an existing server to Power Pack 1?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:30 AM
  • I think I just found my answer here. At the very bottom says

"If you are using the Power Pack 1 Evaluation ISOs, you will not be able to upgrade from the beta release to the released version of Power Pack 1."

So I reinstalled WHS with the 6.0.1500.6 and ran the PP1 Upgrade so I can remove it later.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:51 PM