Email signature automation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I know CRM does not have a standard built-in signature - anyway it must be possible to make it work.

I tried two different solutions:

1. I made an email template which dynamically inserts the users name etc. Works, but the user will have to manually insert the template at the bottom of the messagetext.

2. I have made a workflow which does pretty much the same as the first solution. My goal was to have the signature text block inserted at the bottom of the email body - but it overwrites the message body, so the user will have to re-write the message.

My workflow is set to fire at the creation of the email.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jens Nielsen

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 12:54 PM

Answers

• Option 1 is probably your best option.  Each user could have his or her own template. 

Or just use the Outlook client.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 8:52 PM

All replies

• The only way I think this will work is to put some code in the OnLoad event that writes the signature when the form loads.

You might want to test out writing the the email body from the OnLoad event first.  If that works you could create a signatures table where each user could write their own.  The javascript could go out and fetch that and insert it into the email.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5:26 PM
  • A workflow will not work consistently, as it may not fire till after the email is sent. I'd consider a callout / plugin for this.

Alternatively MSCRM addons have an add-on for this

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 6:46 PM
  • Option 1 is probably your best option.  Each user could have his or her own template. 

Or just use the Outlook client.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 8:52 PM