Cannot connect to computers via Launch Pad - Remote Web Access when using XP RRS feed

• Question

• Good people,

This is my first foray into the wonderful world of WHS and with one exception the self build has gone well. The exception is that I am unable to successfully connect to other computers using Launch Pad and Remote Web Access from my two fully patched XP SP3 machines (Desktop and Laptop).

Note that I can successfully remote into the server and another Win7 pc both locally or via the internet using the standard RDP client. Moreover, the desktop is a dual boot machine and when booted into Win7 it will connect via the Launch pad correctly. This all suggests to me that the problem is not network related but is something to do with how XP is communicating with the server.

The error message when attempting to connect to another pc is:
    "Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because an error occurred on the remote computer you want to connect to. Contact your etc etc"

The error message when attempting to connect to the server is:
    "An error occurred while sending data to the Remote Desktop Gateway server. The server is temporarily unavailable or a network connection is down.Try again later etc etc"

I am running Norton Internet Security and turing it off makes no difference. I've done a lot of searching and tried a few things but drawn a blank so far.

Any ideas?
    Thanks, Pete.

Monday, November 7, 2011 8:18 AM