none
70-236 Number of questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Apologies if this is not the right group

I am preparing to sit the 70-236 exchange 2007 exam (something we are using currently) and I have been doing the practice exams as well as article reading.

I ahve just been looking on the prometric site to book the exam and you are allowed 3 hours 15 minutes. I was under the impression that it was 53 questions and this seems a long time.

I don't want to get to the exam and find it is more questions and I'm not as prepared as I should be So I was wondering if any body could tell me how many questions the exam should be (a rough idea will be good enough). From sitting exams in the past (MCSA 2000)  I know they ranged from 50-80 questions.

TIA

Andy

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:14 PM

Answers

• The "3 hours and 15 minutes" include half an hour at the end of the exam for entering comments, plus some time at the beginning for reading the NDA, plus possibly some time for a poll before staring the exam. After discounting the various "extra" times, you finally get somewhere around 2 and a half hours for actually answering questions. this is still usually plenty of time for answering fifty-something questions, but it is not as much as it seems at first from seeing the time allocated by Prometric.

• Marked as answer by Morite_uk Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:35 PM

All replies

• The "3 hours and 15 minutes" include half an hour at the end of the exam for entering comments, plus some time at the beginning for reading the NDA, plus possibly some time for a poll before staring the exam. After discounting the various "extra" times, you finally get somewhere around 2 and a half hours for actually answering questions. this is still usually plenty of time for answering fifty-something questions, but it is not as much as it seems at first from seeing the time allocated by Prometric.

• Marked as answer by Morite_uk Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:35 PM
  • Thanks for the info Alberto,

It is a few years since I have sat an exam and after reading your post I do remember a bit of starting and ending info.

I was just concerned that I have been working on 53 questions and the exam was longer, say 80 questions. It would mean my tests were not accurate in scores and time thus causing me to rush things during the actual exam.

Thanks Again

Andy

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:01 PM