Question! Bluetooth Serial Port message is a problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

On the HTC TP2 we receive the serial port message every time we try to open a blue tooth connection. Is there any way to get rid of this, of have it automatically pick the correct port each time a connection is made??

We have a Windows application written in VB that utilizes several bluetooth devices.

This is the exact message

Bluetooth Serial Port

Please Select a serial port connection shortcut to connect.

Add...
    /*
    List of existing connections
    */

I was able to find this link which has the same problem as we do, but was unhelpful.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=573828

I look forward to hearing from you all,

Thanks ,
    Ryan

• Moved by David A Matson Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:04 PM Appears to be a Developer question... (From:Windows Phone)
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:40 PM forum consolidation (From:Developer Discussions)
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:28 PM

All replies

• We are still experiencing difficulties with this. We have found out that the blue tooth stack used in the HTC Touch pro 2 is made by Broadcom. We are currently trying to work with them for a solution, and any help here is appreciated.
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:11 PM
  • Hi, did you get a resolution to this issue? We are seeing the same behaviour on HTC TP2 (wm6.5) and it is something we need to get around.

We also ship our application on ppc2003 MDAiii devices but we don't get this issue and I think it is because you can select a serial port to act as the "default" connection through bluetooth manager. No similar option is available in WM6, I've tried achieving it through the registry but had no luck.

I contacted HTC and they suggested it was an issue in the interface between the bluetooth stack and the os. I also contacted broadcomm but haven't had a response.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

CL

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:29 AM
  • Having the same problem on HTC TP2 (wm6.5) as other folks earlier.  There was another post that related this to a WIDCOMM/BROADCOMM BT stack.Developers had contacted htc and htc had said they would "look into it".

Will post when i get the link

Best regards

Monday, September 20, 2010 7:45 PM
  • Thanks for the replies, this problem has been a big roadblock for our software. We got as far as trying to utilize the broadcomm/widcomm stacks and we unable to modify anything through registry or code.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan  McNamee

Monday, September 20, 2010 8:11 PM
  • Thanks for the really useful posts but was there any resolution here ?

Im developing a C# solution to print to a bluetooth printer on HTC TP2 (WM6) and it will prompt the pesky

"Please Select a serial port connection shortcut to connect." EVERY time a print job is sent.

Any and all help is well appreciated. Many Thanks - Paul

Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:26 AM
  • Any news?

What phone do have this problem? I have a HTC Touch2 and have same problem, but don't know what phone to buy instead with Windows.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Hello all,

I'm a Brazilian developer and I have the same problem with a phone HTC Touch2.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Thank you very much.

Friday, January 14, 2011 1:23 PM
  • After a lot of searches about this problem I found the solution!

I sent a email for the Broadcom and Mr. Paul Chaisson (responsible for their Bluetooth stack) answered me sending a .CAB file that corrected this.

According to Paul : "The CAB installation WILL reset all your current BT settings (pairings, etc.).   But it should not harm anything else on your device.  But you would be smart to backup all your phone data just in case and only install at your own risk."

I installed this CAB and everything worked fine.

The CAB is available in: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1584857/btwce-htc-mega.CAB

Att,
    Clayton Almeida
    claytonguimaraes@gmail.com
    Monday, January 17, 2011 4:03 PM
  • Clayton, is there any post that this guy made about this fix? downloadable from broadcom's website?

Just wondering, thnx.

Monday, February 14, 2011 2:31 PM