Will the online Collection 6233: Implementing and Maintaining B.I. in Microsoft SQL Server 2008: SIS, SSAS, SSRS be sfficient prep for 70-448 RRS feed

• Question

• I have previously done a boot camp for 70-445 and failed the certification exam back on 2007 as this was before I worked with the MS B.I. stack (I am from a Business Objects background) but have been working with SSAS, SSRS and SSIS (to a lesser extent that the other two) exclusively now for the past 3 years (2005 and 2008) and feel its time for me to tackle the certification via 70-448. I work very closely with SSAS and SSRS, and less so with SSIS, yet I have a good working knowledge of that too. I do however want to prepare, so was considering the MS online training Collection 6233: Implementing and Maintaining Business Intelligence in Microsoft SQL Server 2008: Integration Services, Reporting Services and Analysis Services.

Do these online training courses provide exercises such as labs?

Are they sufficient for preperation for this exam, coupled with my experience?

Do they have mock exam questions included?

Sunday, October 3, 2010 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The collection does come with labs. I't doesn't come with moc exam questions included. These e-learning collection are meant to be prep materials and really test your knowledge of SQL. If it's exam questions you are after think about using the training kit for it and look for Measure up test exams.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/book.aspx?ID=13112&locale=en-us

and www.measureup.com for  tests.

Do you have enough knowledge? You be the judge of that. You've certainly got the hands on experience now. I'd say do the collection, use the prep kit and go for it.

Maurice 

Monday, October 4, 2010 8:56 PM