Same users twice when publishing. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I know that is been a question like mine but this is kinda different:).

When i publish project i have the same resourses twice, one with allocations and hours and the other with 0 h. I dont have duble users in Pwa Enterprise Resources. Some time ago i deleted those users that left the company from AD, and after that in projects they appeared local resources. Now i want to make an report from data conection ( Portfolio Analazyer) and those local resources appear like generic local resources on that report. So, i recreated the deleted users, publishing again the projecs but this time the project dont replace the local, he add me another users with the same name.  How can i make to replace the local users with enterprise? 

Thank you,

Emanuel

Friday, February 5, 2016 9:27 AM

Answers

• Manu, sorry to say but it sounds like you made a mess of things. In order to "reinstate" your resources, you needed to Save the plan off of the server first and then import it back in mapping the resources using the Import Wizard. You still need to do that, but you also need to clean up your schedule and/or your resource pool if you created duplicates there by accident.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you have local resources and enterprise resources with the same name Project should prompt you to relace the local with the enterprise resource - that name does need to match though.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Friday, February 5, 2016 9:49 AM
  • He promted me to replace (the project client 2013 detect that i have those resources on enteprise) but all he does is to add me those names twice. 3days now and i cant find a solution at this problem.

Thank you Paul,

Manu

Friday, February 5, 2016 2:59 PM
  • Manu, sorry to say but it sounds like you made a mess of things. In order to "reinstate" your resources, you needed to Save the plan off of the server first and then import it back in mapping the resources using the Import Wizard. You still need to do that, but you also need to clean up your schedule and/or your resource pool if you created duplicates there by accident.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 10:22 PM