How To Stop A Microsoft Pop-Up? RRS feed

• Question

• For at least the last six months I have been getting a pop-up notice several times a week on my desktop, and I can't figure out how to stop it.  I am using a Compaq desktop and running Windows 10.  My Windows 10 is up to date as of last Friday.

This pop-up I get several times a week always says:  "MICROSOFT ACCOUNT PROBLEM" then "We need to fix your Microsoft Account (Most likely your password changed). Select here to fix it in Shared Experiences settings."

Most times I just delete it because I don't have time to deal with it.  But when I do I click on the link and I get a page that has a button to click on to fix it.  I click on this button which directs me to sign in.  After I sign in it takes me back to the page with the button, only it now says all of my accounts are working properly.  A few days later I get another identical pop up.  Over the last six months I have tried everything else listed on that page to fix it, but nothing works.

Got any ides how I can permanently stop these pop-ups from reoccurring?

Thursday, February 20, 2020 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check below steps:
    1. Click on Start / Settings (the gear in the left column) -> System -> Shared Experiences.

2. Turn off Nearby Sharing and Share across devices.

Save the change and check the result.

Best Regards, 
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 21, 2020 3:25 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:58 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:45 AM