Multi Domain and Subdomain Setup RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi there,

i have the following problem in a OCS 2007 Enterprise Edition Setup. First to explain the domain-tree: There is a forest with a couple of Domains, Lets say Domain A, B, C. Those Domains have several subdomains A.A A.B, B.A, B.B and C.A,C.B. Now i installed OCS Enterprise Edition in a sub Domain lets say B.A. Don't need to care about Domains A and C, since they are on other continents and federating. All right. OCS works as desingned in my Domain B.A. How i want to let users in domain B.B user the OCS-Server in B.A, which does not work. Of Course the are activated in Forest-Configuration of the pool (Sip-Domains), I did a lcscmd domainprep on the other Domain, which worked fine. Also set up additional SAN-Fields for the Certificate. I can activate the users in der other Domain. Also they find the OCS-Server automatically, so SRV-Record lookup is working, since i set it up in the other dns-zone. OC is saying 'Cannout sign in becaus sign in address not found'. Its also not found, when looking it up in the database (is it entered in the DB and can be looked up as soon as i activate a user, or is it put in the rtc-db as soon as the first login occurs?). Well, when the try to login to schedule a meeting with their account the get an error too
    ---------------snipp
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Event Category: Web Event
    Event ID: 1309
    Date:  5/6/2009
    Time:  4:44:56 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: Machine-ocspool-01
    Description:
    Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 5/6/2009 4:44:56 PM
    Event time (UTC): 5/6/2009 2:44:56 PM
    Event ID: 588885d8e1314272a4e7a3c3bdc819bb
    Event sequence: 15
    Event occurrence: 4
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/Conf/Int-1-128860047357210419
        Trust level: Full
        Application Virtual Path: /Conf/Int
        Application Path: D:\Program Files\OCS2007\Web Components\Conf\Int\
        Machine name: Machine-ocspool-01

Process information:
        Process ID: 4904
        Process name: w3wp.exe
        Account name: B\RTCComponentService

Exception information:
        Exception type: TargetInvocationException
        Exception message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Request information:
        Request URL:
    https://ocspool.b.b:443/conf/int/Default.aspx
        Request path: /conf/int/Default.aspx
        User host address: 172.1.1.14
        User: B\userB1
        Is authenticated: True
        Authentication Type: NTLM
        Thread account name: B\RTCComponentService

Thread information:
        Thread ID: 7
        Thread account name: B\RTCComponentService
        Is impersonating: False
        Stack trace:    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.InvokeMethod(ObjectDataSourceMethod method, Boolean disposeInstance, Object& instance)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments)
       at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp .)

---------------snipp
    Well first of all i would like to thank anyone reading that far :-) And secondly, is this conf supported? Install in a subdomain (b.a) and then let users in other subdomains (b.b and b.c) use the infrastructure in b.a-Domain ? And when is the user entered in the Database? When enabled, or when first logged in
    And thirdly, why isn't it working. :-) Attributes on the User in Domain b.b are populated an deleted correctly which could have been a problem, from what i read so far. Also the Permission-inheritance Problem is not ours, the are inherited, from what i see.

Puah, first Post, long Post, sorry for that.

Hoping for help, of course i'm troubleshooting this for myself too. If i find out more i let u know.

So long

Michael Kremer
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 7:13 PM

All replies

• Hello again,

well i found out, that Users are 'directly, imediately' entered into the rtc-db and can be queried with the ocs-frontend when enabled. Of course still only when activating a user in domain b.a. b.b users still do not show up in the db. How does this process exactly work, because there seems to be the problem!

Any Help would be appreciated,

Regards

Michael Kremer
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Hi folks,

the thing that did the trick was, using wmi to manually configure the userreplication to include to other domains. To bad this is not included in the lcscmd domainprep mechanism :-(

Cyall

Michael Kremer
    Friday, May 8, 2009 5:48 PM