Branch Office Communicator call disconect RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have deployed our office OCS 2007 R2 server installed on windows server 2008 OS and OCS client installed on VISTA os.

Our office is three locations and each office is connected through ISA Server 2006 VPN site to site connectivity.

1.The problem is communicator call with video is working in corporate office only. In branch office we make communicator call to  corporate office user once the   call established and immediately disconnected.We are not deploy edge server .At the same time IM is working fine. 

Pls guide me how to resolve this issue.Need any firewall Policy or edge server is must to commnicate corp office to Branch Office

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:46 AM

All replies

• When a calls ring through but disconnects immedaitely with no audio/video this is typically related to communication errors over the media port range, which is 1024-65535 TCP/UDP for peer-to-peer Communicator calls.

See the port ranges listed here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb870402.aspx

Is the VPN tunnel filtering any ports between site traffic?

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:49 PM
  • If ISA is between the branch and the servers, I think Jeff is correct - check out the ports.  You can set a client policy to set a certain port range and then create an ISA rule to allow only those ports.
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:02 AM
  • Hello!

I have already been chatting with you on another forum, Jeff, but thought I would touch base with you on this posting since I am having the exact issue as posted above. We have three sites, each with their own ISA Firewall. There are VPN site-to-site connections between each remote site and the main office (my office). Just like above poster said, IM traffic is fine between sites, even desktop sharing is fine. But audio video doesn't work. You see that you are getting a "video call", and when you click on it to answer it, the call immediately disconnects like above. Anyway, when watching the traffic at the firewall, I can see a lot of Connection Initiated and Connection Closed, but that's about it. It doesn't show where the traffic is failing or getting stopped. I know that the media is attempting to go across the wire, though, because they rule that the traffic shows up under is the VPN site-to-site rule, and the traffic shows up as "Unidentified IP Traffic (UDP)" with a wide range of random IPs.

Any help or suggestions would be gladly welcomed!

v/r

Josh
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:13 PM