How to set module in site map after importing solution? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have created one entity and set in sales module

Now,i am exporting this solution and then importing solution somewhere..it will not display this option i have to set

this through going in customization.

Is there any way that i will set automatically?

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 1:26 PM

All replies

• You have to add sitemap also to the solution before exporting it.

You can add the sitemap by "Go to Client Extenstions" > "Add Existing" > Sitemap option.

This way when you will import it to the destination instance, it will properly show the entity on the area on the navigation bar.

blog: <a href="http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com">http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com</a> | skype: ali.net.pk

• Edited by Khadim Ali Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:32 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:22 PM
  • Add site map from the exporting solution from the source crm and then import that solution to destination CRM.

Jugal Kishore Dandamudi.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 11:43 AM
  • Hi, It has been suggested that you add the site map to your solution.

I would suggest rather adding the sitemap of your target instance to your "dev" instance, making the changes and then only writing the back to your target.

The problem with doing it, the other way is  that any sitemap changes that are on the target instance can be overwritten by yours.

regards,

Don

Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:21 PM
  • You can add sitemap in your solution to be exported from source system so that when you will import the solution to the destination system, the entity will be shown automatically in the navigation bar of the destination system.

You can add sitemap to your solution as shown in below screenshot.

You have to be very careful while importing the sitemap from one crm to another destination crm as it will overwrite complete navigation bar of the Destination System.

If you don’t want navigation bar to be overwritten then you can make changes accordingly in xml of the customization part of the sitemap.

Thanks,

Sam

Inogic | Blog | news at inogic dot com
    If this answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, May 13, 2016 9:55 AM