RCC RNL question of OCS2k7 EE RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

Recently, i am working RCC with OCS2k7 EE. Before descriping the problem, i would like to descrip our situation as following.

OCS Environment:

One OCS2k7 server point to two set of CUPS

Connection: OCS2k7 <--> CUPS X 2 <--> CallManager X 2.

PBX Environment:

Set 1: CUPS 6.0.4 <----> CallManager 6.2

Set 2: CUPS 6.0.4 <----> CallManager 6.2

If Set 1 of PBX user want to dial Set 1 of PBX user, they just only dial user's extension such as 3001.

If Set 1 of PBX user want to dial Set 2 of PBX user, they need to add prefix before the extension. Such as 6223001

For example, 

Set 1 of PBX following the prefix 621

Set 2 of PBX following the prefix 622

The prefix just used in this situation when one set of PBX user want to dial to another set of PBX user. If just dial to same set of PBX, they no need to input Prefix.

My Question:

I can work fine for Reverse number lookup if set 1 user dial to set 1 user (They just only dial  4 digital extension). Our OCS communicator popup window can display the user name.

But i don't know how to handle the situation if someone dial from Set 2 to Set 1 user. The popup window will display the Prefix + Extension number rather than the user name.

All of user are under the same Child Domain but they work in two set of PBX system. If one user from Set 1 dial to Set 2 user, they need to input the prefix before the extension.

I want to know that how to handle this situation properly? Is it possible to solve by Normailization rule of Address book server or type multiple number in "Line URI"? Thanks a lot for your advice.

Best Regards

Kenneth Chow

Sunday, November 9, 2008 12:24 PM

All replies

• See this duplicate thread:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4103434&SiteID=57
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 2:20 PM