HpcBrokerWorker.exe is taking 4GB Memory RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone
    HpcBrokerWorker.exe is taking more memory and never stop growing process, In my system I have WCF interactive service . That job responsible for creating simple job and controlling those simple jobs. When it started working the BrokerWorker.exe started growing memory. It become 4Gb and higher.

Problem: How can I fix that memory issue?
    Friday, July 21, 2017 2:03 PM

All replies

• Dear all,

I want to add some more details the above question by Artem, who is my colleague. As he mentioned we are running on WCF interactive session (via broker node). This service has a method called "getjobstatus". Now our client calls this method in every 2 seconds. I wonder if it's okay to call this method that frequently.

We observe brokernode.exe memory keeps growing and reaching till ~7GB, after which our whole cluster hangs. We have to restart our cluster to continue running, and this restart happens once every day :(. We need some expert help. Are there any configurations we need to change? How should we even investigation this issue?

Puneet Sharma

Monday, July 24, 2017 8:07 PM
  • Hi Both,

For SOA interactive session, the HpcBrokerWorker.exe holds all SOA requests and responses in memory queues, so if there are too many and/or too large requests and/or responses, the memory consumption would be high. Please check the total Number of Requests and Outstanding Requests of the SOA job and see if there are too many requests in the queue, and also make sure all the responses are retrieved at the client from the broker worker. Once a response is retrieved, it will be purged from the response queue.

At the broker side, you may also utilize the messageThrottleStartThreshold/messageThrottleStopThreshold in the service registration file to throttle the request/response messages to lower the memory consumption for the interactive session. If there are multiple concurrent session brokers running on one broker node, you may configure MaxConcurrentSession in HpcBroker.exe.config for the broker service.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:02 AM