Licensing for more than 3 PCs RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install onecare on more than 3 PCs. Is there a way to buy additional activations for the first license or do I have to buy multiple 3 PC licenses? If it's the latter is it possible to have more than 3 PCs in one group for management?

Thanks for your advice.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 5:04 AM

Answers

• No and no.

To expand on this - the OneCare team alluded to the ability to add more PCs to a subscription during the beta of 2.0, but no further word on this has been announced. So, at this time, by the terms of the license, you can have up to 3 PCs on a single subscription. Each LiveID can only have a single subscription associated with it and a Circle is defined as all PCs activated with the same LiveID on a single subscription.

-steve

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:06 PM

All replies

• No and no.

To expand on this - the OneCare team alluded to the ability to add more PCs to a subscription during the beta of 2.0, but no further word on this has been announced. So, at this time, by the terms of the license, you can have up to 3 PCs on a single subscription. Each LiveID can only have a single subscription associated with it and a Circle is defined as all PCs activated with the same LiveID on a single subscription.

-steve

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:06 PM
  • Thank you, that answered my question.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:19 PM